Pronunciation: (frô'sting, fros'ting), [key]
1. a sweet mixture, cooked or uncooked, for coating or filling cakes, cookies, and the like; icing.
2. a dull or lusterless finish, as on metal or glass.
3. a process of highlighting the hair by bleaching selected strands.
4. a material used for decorative work, as signs, displays, etc., made from coarse flakes of powdered glass.
5. the frosting on the cake, something added to make a thing better or more desirable. Also,icing on the cake.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.