Pronunciation: (froun), [key]
1. to contract the brow, as in displeasure or deep thought; scowl.
2. to look displeased; have an angry look.
3. to view with disapproval; look disapprovingly (usually fol. by on or upon): to frown upon a scheme.
1. to express by a frown: to frown one's displeasure.
2. to force or shame with a disapproving frown: to frown someone into silence.
1. a frowning look; scowl.
2. any expression or show of disapproval: a tax bill that received Congressional frowns.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.