Pronunciation: (frō'zun), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/frozen.html on line 77 [key]
pp. of freeze.
1. congealed by cold; turned into ice.
2. covered with ice, as a stream.
3. frigid; very cold.
4. injured or killed by frost or cold.
5. obstructed by ice, as pipes.
6. chilly or cold in manner; unfeeling: a frozen stare.
7. rigid; immobilized: The child was frozen with fear.
8. quick-frozen: frozen foods.
9. (of food) chilled or refrigerated.
10. (esp. of a drink) mixed with ice and frappéed in an electric blender.
11. in a form that is not readily convertible into cash; not liquid: frozen assets.
12. not permitted to be changed or incapable of being altered; fixed: frozen rents; frozen salaries.
13. Canasta.(of the discard pile) unable to be picked up by a player unless the player's hand contains a natural pair to match the top card of the pile. Cf. freeze (def. 26).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.