Pronunciation: (fun), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/fun.html on line 71 [key]
—n., v., funned, fun•ning,
1. something that provides mirth or amusement: A picnic would be fun.
2. enjoyment or playfulness: She's full of fun.
3. for or in fun, as a joke; not seriously; playfully: His insults were only in fun.
4. like fun, Informal.certainly not; of doubtful truth: He told us that he finished the exam in an hour. Like fun he did!
5. make fun of, to make the object of ridicule; deride: The youngsters made fun of their teacher.
1. Informal.of or pertaining to fun, esp. to social fun: a fun thing to do; really a fun person.
2. Informal.whimsical: flamboyant: The fashions this year are definitely on the fun side.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.