Pronunciation: (fund), [key]
1. a supply of money or pecuniary resources, as for some purpose: a fund for his education; a retirement fund.
2. supply; stock: a fund of knowledge; a fund of jewels.
3. funds,money immediately available; pecuniary resources: to be momentarily without funds.
4. an organization created to administer or manage a fund, as of money invested or contributed for some special purpose.
1. to provide a fund to pay the interest or principal of (a debt).
2. to convert (general outstanding debts) into a more or less permanent debt, represented by interest-bearing bonds.
3. to allocate or provide funds for (a program, project, etc.).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.