Pronunciation: (gu-lish'ē-un, -lish'un), [key]
1. of or pertaining to Galicia in NW Spain, its people, or their language.
2. of or pertaining to Galicia in E central Europe or its people.
1. a native or inhabitant of Galicia in Spain.
2. the language of Spanish Galicia, often considered a dialect of Portuguese.
3. a native or inhabitant of Galicia in E central Europe.
4. a Jew from Polish Galicia, esp. one speaking a Galician dialect of Yiddish.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.