Pronunciation: (gär'bul), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/garble.html on line 77 [key]
—v., -bled, -bling,
1. to confuse unintentionally or ignorantly; jumble: to garble instructions.
2. to make unfair or misleading selections from or arrangement of (fact, statements, writings, etc.); distort: to garble a quotation.
3. Archaic.to take out the best of.
1. the act or process of garbling.
2. an instance of garbling; a garbled phrase, literary passage, etc.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.