Pronunciation: ( jen'ur-us), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/generous.html on line 79 [key]
1. liberal in giving or sharing; unselfish: a generous patron of the arts; a generous gift.
2. free from meanness or smallness of mind or character; magnanimous.
3. large; abundant; ample: a generous portion of pie.
4. rich or strong in flavor: a generous wine.
5. fertile; prolific: generous soil.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.