Pronunciation: ( jen'tīl), [key]
—adj. (sometimes cap.)
1. of or pertaining to any people not Jewish.
2. Christian, as distinguished from Jewish.
3. Mormon Ch.not Mormon.
4. heathen or pagan.
5. (of a linguistic expression) expressing nationality or local origins.
6. of or pertaining to a tribe, clan, people, nation, etc.
1. a person who is not Jewish, esp. a Christian.
2. (among Mormons) a person who is not a Mormon.
3. a heathen or pagan.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.