Pronunciation: (giv'un), [key]
pp. of give.
1. stated, fixed, or specified: at a given time.
2. addicted or disposed (often fol. by to): given to making snide remarks.
3. bestowed as a gift; conferred.
4. assigned as a basis of calculation, reasoning, etc.: Given A and B, C follows.
5. Math.known or independently determined: a given magnitude.
6. (on official documents) executed and delivered as of the date shown.
an established fact, condition, factor, etc.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.