Pronunciation: (gluv), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/glove.html on line 75 [key]
—n., v., gloved, glov•ing.
1. a covering for the hand made with a separate sheath for each finger and for the thumb.
2. See boxing glove.
3. See baseball glove.
5. hand and glove. See hand (def. 42).
6. handle with kid gloves. See kid gloves (def. 2).
7. take up the glove. See gauntlet 1 (def. 4).
8. throw down the glove. See gauntlet 1 (def. 5).
1. to cover with or as if with a glove; provide with gloves.
2. to serve as a glove for.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.