Pronunciation: (glō), [key]
1. a light emitted by or as if by a substance heated to luminosity; incandescence.
2. brightness of color.
3. a sensation or state of bodily heat.
4. a warm, ruddy color of the cheeks.
5. warmth of emotion or passion; ardor.
1. to emit bright light and heat without flame; become incandescent.
2. to shine like something intensely heated.
3. to exhibit a strong, bright color; be lustrously red or brilliant.
4. (of the cheeks) to exhibit a healthy, warm, ruddy color.
5. to become or feel very warm or hot.
6. to show emotion or elation: to glow with pride.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.