Pronunciation: (glOO), [key]
—n., v., glued, glu•ing.
1. a hard, impure, protein gelatin, obtained by boiling skins, hoofs, and other animal substances in water, that when melted or diluted is a strong adhesive.
2. any of various solutions or preparations of this substance, used as an adhesive.
3. any of various other solutions or preparations that can be used as adhesives.
1. to join or fasten with glue.
2. to cover or smear (something) with glue (sometimes fol. by up).
3. to fix or attach firmly with or as if with glue; make adhere closely: to glue a model ship together.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.