Pronunciation: (gō'dev"ul), [key]
1. a flexible, jointed apparatus forced through a pipeline to free it from obstructions.
2. a dart dropped into a well, esp. an oil well, to explode a charge of dynamite or nitroglycerin previously placed in a desired position.
3. Railroads.a handcar.
4. a sled used to drag or carry logs, stone, etc.
5. Also called sled cultivator. a cultivator that rides on wooden runners and is used on listed furrows.
6. Western U.S.any exceptionally fast or effective machine or appliance: That food processor is a real go-devil.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.