Pronunciation: (graf'iks), [key]
1. (used with a sing. v.) the art of drawing, esp. as used in mathematics, engineering, etc.
2. (used with a pl. v.) See graphic arts (def. 1).
3. (used with a pl. v.) Motion Pictures, Television.the titles, credits, subtitles, announcements, etc., shown on the screen before, or as part of, a film or television program.
4. (used with a sing. v.) the science of calculating by diagrams.
5. (used with a sing. or pl. v.) Computers.See computer graphics.
Computers.pertaining to pictorial information displayed, plotted, or printed by a computer: When you draw a picture on a graphics tablet the computer displays the same picture on the screen.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.