Pronunciation: (grou'lur), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/growler.html on line 73 [key]
1. a person or thing that growls.
2. Informal.a pitcher, pail, or other container brought by a customer for beer.
3. Brit. Slang.a four-wheeled, horse-drawn carriage.
4. Elect.an electromagnetic device consisting of two field poles, used for indicating short-circuited coils in armatures and for magnetizing or demagnetizing objects.
5. an iceberg large enough to be a navigational hazard.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.