Pronunciation: (gus'tē), [key]
—adj., gust•i•er, gust•i•est.
1. blowing or coming in gusts, as wind, rain, or storms.
2. affected or marked by gusts of wind, rain, etc.: a gusty day.
3. occurring or characterized by sudden bursts or outbursts, as sound or laughter.
4. full of meaningless, pretentious talk: gusty speechmaking.
5. vigorous; hearty; zestful: a gusty woman.
Pronunciation: (gus'tē, goos'tē), [key]
—adj., gust•i•er, gust•i•est. Chiefly Scot.
tasty; savory; appetizing.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.