Pronunciation: (hang'ur), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/hanger.html on line 73 [key]
1. a shoulder-shaped frame with a hook at the top, usually of wire, wood, or plastic, for draping and hanging a garment when not in use.
2. a part of something by which it is hung, as a loop on a garment.
3. a contrivance on which things are hung, as a hook.
4. Auto.a double-hinged device linking the chassis with the leaf springs on vehicles having solid axles.
5. a light saber of the 17th and 18th centuries, often worn by sailors.
6. a person who hangs something.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.