Pronunciation: (hā'stingz), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/hastings.html on line 87 [key]
1. Thomas, 1860–1929, U.S. architect.
2. Warren, 1732–1818, British statesman: first governor general of India 1773–85.
3. a seaport in E Sussex, in SE England: William the Conqueror defeated the Saxons near here on Senlac Hill 1066. 74,600.
4. a city in S Nebraska. 23,045.
5. a town in SE Minnesota. 12,827.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.