Pronunciation: (hed'ē), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/heady.html on line 75 [key]
—adj., head•i•er, head•i•est.
1. intoxicating: a heady wine.
2. affecting the mind or senses greatly: heady perfume.
3. exciting; exhilarating: the heady news of victory.
4. rashly impetuous: heady conduct.
5. violent; destructive: heady winds.
6. clever; shrewd: a heady scheme to win the election.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.