Pronunciation: (hel'thē), [key]
—adj., health•i•er, health•i•est.
1. possessing or enjoying good health or a sound and vigorous mentality: a healthy body; a healthy mind.
2. pertaining to or characteristic of good health, or a sound and vigorous mind: a healthy appearance; healthy attitudes.
3. conducive to good health; healthful: healthy recreations.
4. prosperous or sound: a healthy business.
5. Informal.fairly large: I bought a healthy number of books.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.