Pronunciation: (hûr-maf'ru-dīt"), [key]
1. an individual in which reproductive organs of both sexes are present. Cf. pseudohermaphrodite.
2. Biol.an organism, as an earthworm or plant, having normally both the male and female organs of generation.
3. a person or thing in which two opposite qualities are combined.
1. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a hermaphrodite.
2. combining two opposite qualities.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.