Pronunciation: (hud'sun), [key]
1. Henry, died 1611?, English navigator and explorer.
2. William Henry, 1841–1922, English naturalist and author.
3. a river in E New York, flowing S to New York Bay. 306 mi. (495 km) long.
4. a town in central Massachusetts. 16,408.
5. a town in S New Hampshire. 14,022.
6. a steam locomotive having a four-wheeled front truck, six driving wheels, and a four-wheeled rear truck. See table under Whyte classification.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.