Pronunciation: (hyOOz or, often, yOOz), [key]
1. Charles Evans, 1862–1948, U.S. jurist and statesman: Chief Justice of the U.S. 1930–41.
2. Howard (Ro•bard) Pronunciation: (rō'bärd), [key] 1905–76, U.S. businessman, motion-picture producer, and aviator.
3. (John) Lang•ston Pronunciation: (lang'stun), [key] 1902–67, U.S. novelist and poet.
4. Rupert, 1872–1956, U.S. novelist and biographer.
5. Ted, 1930-1998, English poet: poet laureate since 1984.
6. Thomas, 1822–96, English novelist, reformer, and jurist.
7. William Morris, 1864–1952, Australian statesman, born in Wales: prime minister 1915–23.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.