—adj.hī'u-lin, -līn"), [key]
1. Also,hy•a•linPronunciation: (hī'u-lin). [key] Biochem.
a. a horny substance found in hydatid cysts, closely resembling chitin.
b. a structureless, transparent substance found in cartilage, the eye, etc., resulting from the pathological degeneration of tissue.
2. something glassy or transparent.
1. of or pertaining to hyaline.
2. glassy or transparent.
3. of or pertaining to glass.
4. amorphous; not crystalline.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.