Pronunciation: (hip-not'ik), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/hypnotic.html on line 73 [key]
1. of or pertaining to hypnosis or hypnotism.
2. inducing or like something that induces hypnosis.
3. susceptible to hypnotism, as a person.
4. inducing sleep.
1. an agent or drug that produces sleep; sedative.
2. a person who is susceptible to hypnosis.
3. a person under the influence of hypnotism.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.