Pronunciation: (ī-bēr'ē-un), [key]
1. of or pertaining to Iberia in SW Europe, its inhabitants, or their language.
2. of or pertaining to ancient Iberia in the Caucasus or its inhabitants.
1. one of the ancient inhabitants of Iberia in Europe, from whom the Basques are supposed to be descended.
2. the language of the ancient Iberians of SW Europe, not known to be related to any other language.
3. one of the ancient inhabitants of Iberia in Asia.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.