Pronunciation: (ī'sing), [key]
1. a sweet, creamy spread, as of confectioners' sugar, butter, and flavoring, for covering cakes, cookies, etc.; frosting.
2. Meteorol.a coating of ice on a solid object. Cf. glaze, rime1.
3. Aviation.the freezing of atmospheric moisture on the surface of an aircraft.
4. Ice Hockey.the act of a player shooting the puck from the defensive half of the rink over the opponent's goal line, but not into the goal, as a defensive maneuver to keep the puck out of the reach of attacking opponents, resulting in a penalty against the defensive team if the puck is then next touched by an opponent other than the goalkeeper.
5. icing on the cake. See frosting (def. 5).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.