Pronunciation: (ī-dē'u-list), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/idealist.html on line 73 [key]
1. a person who cherishes or pursues high or noble principles, purposes, goals, etc.
2. a visionary or impractical person.
3. a person who represents things as they might or should be rather than as they are.
4. a writer or artist who treats subjects imaginatively.
5. a person who accepts the doctrines of idealism.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.