—v.im'plu-ment", -munt), [key]
1. any article used in some activity, esp. an instrument, tool, or utensil: agricultural implements.
2. an article of equipment, as household furniture, clothing, ecclesiastical vestments, or the like.
3. a means; agent: human beings as an implement of divine plan.
1. to fulfill; perform; carry out: Once in office, he failed to implement his campaign promises.
2. to put into effect according to or by means of a definite plan or procedure.
3. to fill out or supplement.
4. to provide with implements.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.