Pronunciation: (in"är-tik'yu-lit), [key]
1. lacking the ability to express oneself, esp. in clear and effective speech: an inarticulate public speaker.
2. unable to use articulate speech: inarticulate with rage.
3. not articulate; not uttered or emitted with expressive or intelligible modulations: His mouth stuffed, he could utter only inarticulate sounds.
4. not fully expressed or expressible: a voice choked with inarticulate agony.
5. Anat., Zool.not jointed; having no articulation or joint.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.