Pronunciation: (in"kär-nā'shun), [key]
1. an incarnate being or form.
2. a living being embodying a deity or spirit.
3. assumption of human form or nature.
4. the Incarnation, (sometimes l.c.) Theol.the doctrine that the second person of the Trinity assumed human form in the person of Jesus Christ and is completely both God and man.
5. a person or thing regarded as embodying or exhibiting some quality, idea, or the like: The leading dancer is the incarnation of grace.
6. the act of incarnating.
7. state of being incarnated.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.