Pronunciation: (in"du-vij"OO-al'i-tē), [key]
1. the particular character, or aggregate of qualities, that distinguishes one person or thing from others; sole and personal nature: a person of marked individuality.
2. individualities,individual characteristics.
3. a person or thing of individual or distinctive character.
4. state or quality of being individual; existence as a distinct individual.
5. the interests of the individual as distinguished from the interests of the community.
6. Archaic.state or quality of being indivisible or inseparable.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.