Pronunciation: (in-duk'tiv), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/inductive.html on line 75 [key]
1. of, pertaining to, or involving electrical or magnetic induction.
2. operating by induction: an inductive machine.
3. of, pertaining to, or employing logical induction: inductive reasoning.
4. Embryol.eliciting the action of an embryonic inducer.
5. serving to induce; leading or influencing (usually fol. by to).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.