Pronunciation: (in-dus'trē-ul), [key]
1. of, pertaining to, of the nature of, or resulting from industry: industrial production; industrial waste.
2. having many and highly developed industries: an industrial nation.
3. engaged in an industry or industries: industrial workers.
4. of or pertaining to the workers in industries: industrial training.
5. used in industry: industrial diamonds: industrial fabrics.
6. noting or pertaining to industrial life insurance.
1. an industrial product: diamonds classed as industrials and nonindustrials.
2. a company engaged in industrial enterprises.
3. an employee in some industry, esp. a manufacturing industry.
4. industrials,stocks and bonds of industrial companies.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.