Pronunciation: (in'funt), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/infant.html on line 77 [key]
1. a child during the earliest period of its life, esp. before he or she can walk; baby.
2. Law.a person who is not of full age, esp. one who has not reached the age of 18 years; a minor.
3. a beginner, as in experience or learning; novice: The new candidate is a political infant.
4. anything in the first stage of existence or progress.
1. of or pertaining to infants or infancy: infant years.
2. being in infancy: an infant king.
3. being in the earliest stage: an infant industry.
4. of or pertaining to the legal state of infancy; minor.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.