Pronunciation: (in'fu-nit), [key]
1. immeasurably great: an infinite capacity for forgiveness.
2. indefinitely or exceedingly great: infinite sums of money.
3. unlimited or unmeasurable in extent of space, duration of time, etc.: the infinite nature of outer space.
4. unbounded or unlimited; boundless; endless: God's infinite mercy.
a. not finite.
b. (of a set) having elements that can be put into one-to-one correspondence with a subset that is not the given set.
1. something that is infinite.
2. Math.an infinite quantity or magnitude.
3. the boundless regions of space.
4. the Infinite or the Infinite Being,God.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.