Pronunciation: (in-flā'tid), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/inflated.html on line 75 [key]
1. distended with air or gas; swollen.
2. puffed up, as with pride.
3. turgid or bombastic: his inflated prose.
4. unduly increased in level: inflated costs.
5. Econ.unduly expanded in amount, value, or size; characterized by inflation.
6. Bot.hollow and enlarged or swelled out: inflated perianth.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.