—adj., n.in'grān"), [key]
to implant or fix deeply and firmly, as in the nature or mind.
1. ingrained; firmly fixed.
2. (of fiber or yarn) dyed in a raw state, before being woven or knitted.
3. made of fiber or yarn so dyed: ingrain fabric.
4. (of carpets) made of ingrain yarn and so woven as to show a different pattern on each side; reversible.
1. yarn, wool, etc., dyed before manufacture.
2. an ingrain carpet. Also,engrain (for defs. 1, 2).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.