Pronunciation: (in'ju-rē), [key]
1. harm or damage that is done or sustained: to escape without injury.
2. a particular form or instance of harm: an injury to one's shoulder; an injury to one's pride.
3. wrong or injustice done or suffered.
4. Law.any wrong or violation of the rights, property, reputation, etc., of another for which legal action to recover damages may be made.
5. Obs.injurious speech; calumny.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.