Pronunciation: (in'u-suns), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/innocence.html on line 75 [key]
1. the quality or state of being innocent; freedom from sin or moral wrong.
2. freedom from legal or specific wrong; guiltlessness: The prisoner proved his innocence.
3. simplicity; absence of guile or cunning; naiveté.
4. lack of knowledge or understanding.
5. harmlessness; innocuousness.
7. an innocent person or thing.
8. bluet (def. 1).
9. See blue-eyed Mary.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.