Pronunciation: (in'u-sunt), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/innocent.html on line 77 [key]
1. free from moral wrong; without sin; pure: innocent children.
2. free from legal or specific wrong; guiltless: innocent of the crime.
3. not involving evil intent or motive: an innocent misrepresentation.
4. not causing physical or moral injury; harmless: innocent fun.
5. devoid (usually fol. by of): a law innocent of merit.
6. having or showing the simplicity or naiveté of an unworldly person; guileless; ingenuous.
7. uninformed or unaware; ignorant.
1. an innocent person.
2. a young child.
3. a guileless person.
4. a simpleton or idiot.
5. Usually, innocents. (used with a sing. v.) bluet (def. 1).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.