Pronunciation: (in-sen'su-bul), [key]
1. incapable of feeling or perceiving; deprived of sensation; unconscious, as a person after a violent blow.
2. without or not subject to a particular feeling or sensation: insensible to shame; insensible to the cold.
3. unaware; unconscious; inappreciative: We are not insensible of your kindness.
4. not perceptible by the senses; imperceptible: insensible transitions.
5. unresponsive in feeling.
6. not susceptible of emotion or passion; void of any feeling.
7. not endowed with feeling or sensation, as matter; inanimate.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.