Pronunciation: (in"sig-nif'i-kunt), [key]
1. unimportant, trifling, or petty: Omit the insignificant details.
2. too small to be important: an insignificant sum.
3. of no consequence, influence, or distinction: a minor, insignificant bureaucrat.
4. without weight of character; contemptible: an insignificant fellow.
5. without meaning; meaningless: insignificant sounds.
a word, thing, or person without significance.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.