Pronunciation: (in'stingkt), [key]
1. an inborn pattern of activity or tendency to action common to a given biological species.
2. a natural or innate impulse, inclination, or tendency.
3. a natural aptitude or gift: an instinct for making money.
4. natural intuitive power.
Pronunciation: (in-stingkt'), [key]
1. filled or infused with some animating principle (usually fol. by with): instinct with life.
2. Obs.animated by some inner force.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.