Pronunciation: (in"tur-mē'dē-it), [key]
1. being, situated, or acting between two points, stages, things, persons, etc.: the intermediate steps in a procedure.
2. of or pertaining to an intermediate school.
1. a person who acts between others; intermediary; mediator.
2. something intermediate, as a form or class.
3. Chem.a derivative of the initial material formed before the desired product of a chemical process.
Pronunciation: (in"tur-mē'dē-āt"), [key]
—v.i., -at•ed, -at•ing.
to act as an intermediary; intervene; mediate.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.