Pronunciation: (in"tur-nash'u-nl), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/international.html on line 79 [key]
1. between or among nations; involving two or more nations: international trade.
2. of or pertaining to two or more nations or their citizens: a matter of international concern.
3. pertaining to the relations between nations: international law.
4. having members or activities in several nations: an international organization.
5. transcending national boundaries or viewpoints: an international benefit; an international reputation.
1. (cap.) any of several international socialist or communist organizations formed in the 19th and 20th centuries. Cf. First International, Second International, Third International, Fourth International, Labor and Socialist International.
2. (sometimes cap.) a labor union having locals in two or more countries.
3. an organization, enterprise, or group, esp. a major business concern, having branches, dealings, or members in several countries.
4. an employee, esp. an executive, assigned to work in a foreign country or countries by a business or organization that has branches or dealings in several countries.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.