Pronunciation: (in'wurd), [key]
1. toward the inside, interior, or center, as of a place, space, or body.
2. into or toward the mind or soul: He turned his thoughts inward.
a. on the inside or interior.
b. in the mind or soul; mentally or spiritually.
1. proceeding or directed toward the inside or interior.
2. situated within or in or on the inside; inner; internal: an inward room.
3. pertaining to the inside or inner part.
4. located within the body: the inward parts.
5. pertaining to the inside of the body: inward convulsions.
6. inland: inward passage.
7. mental or spiritual; inner: inward peace.
8. muffled or indistinct, as the voice.
9. private or secret.
10. closely personal; intimate.
11. Archaic.pertaining to the homeland; domestic.
1. the inward or internal part; the inside.
2. inwards,the inward parts of the body; entrails; innards.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.