Pronunciation: ( jīv), [key]
—n., v., jived, jiv•ing,
1. swing music or early jazz.
2. the jargon associated with swing music and early jazz.
3. Slang.deceptive, exaggerated, or meaningless talk: Don't give me any of that jive!
1. to play jive.
2. to dance to jive; jitterbug.
3. Slang.to engage in kidding, teasing, or exaggeration.
Slang.to tease; fool; kid: Stop jiving me!
Slang.insincere, pretentious, or deceptive.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.