Pronunciation: ( jOO'dus), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/judas.html on line 77 [key]
1. Also called Ju'das Iscar'iot. the disciple who betrayed Jesus. Mark 3:19.
2. a person treacherous enough to betray a friend; traitor.
3. Also called Saint Judas or Saint Jude. one of the 12 apostles (not Judas Iscariot). Luke 6:16; Acts 1:13; John 14:22.
4. a brother of James (and possibly of Jesus). Matt. 13:55; Mark 6:3.
5. (usually l.c.) Also called ju'das hole". a peephole, as in an entrance door or the door of a prison cell.
(of an animal) used as a decoy to lead other animals to slaughter: A Judas goat led sheep into the abattoir.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.